Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22, 2018


Thank you

It has been busy around the office over the past few days. We are gearing up for September which will see a silent movie in the nave, the parish picnic, a presentation on the opioid crisis, St. John's Day, the return of our education offerings for all ages, and I can't remember what else.

Football season officially begins next Friday for me with a game at Clear Spring.

Commissions are working on their budgets, and I'm supposed to be going over our employee handbook.

And on and on it goes, the business of the church never ending, and the busy-ness of the church sometimes overwhelming.

Yesterday, amid the business and busy-ness, amid the meetings and writings, amid the various worries of one kind or another, I turned another year older.

And amid all those things I received many birthday greetings, most of which came from the people of this parish. Let me state for the record: one of the best birthday gifts I've received is the gift of you, the people of this parish. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your lives. Thank you for making me and my family feel at home. Thank you for making this job as wonderful and spiritually fulfilling as almost anything I've ever experienced.

Thank you for being with me on this incredible journey.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment